Building confidence and business skills – Jasmine
Aged 10, Jasmine was one of the youngest winners of our Thetford Youth Enterprise Challenge 2016/17
Jasmine entered our competition to design and sell an anti-bullying t-shirt after being encouraged by her Dad. Jasmine submitted a design featuring a strong and powerful anti-bullying message. Her design made such an impact on our judging panel that she was selected as one of our four competition winners!
Jasmine won the opportunity to work with a professional graphic designer to create t-shirts featuring her winning design and also attended our enterprise workshops to develop business skills.
During the project, Jasmine had the chance to:
- Work with new people and make new friends
- Develop skills in business planning, pitching ideas and marketing
- Learn about product development and manufacturing
- Develop customer service skills and confidence in interacting with members of the public
- Run market stalls at a variety of events including Framlingham Country Show and Norwich Farmers Market
- Star in an anti-bullying music video
At the end of the project Jasmine said she was a lot more confident in talking to new people, scoring herself 9 out of 10! She said ‘Being part of this project has made me more confident in speaking and has helped me learn lots of skills to sell our t-shirts.’