The Missing Kind is a registered charity supporting dedicated individuals to make a difference to the world through inspiring kindness.
We’re helping the charity work towards greater sustainability through the development of its commercial activities and expanding the KindaBusiness Hub, which is a supportive co-working space for social entrepreneurs.
The Missing Kind venue includes:
- KindaKafe – a kafe promoting healthy eating and kindness in the community. It serves healthy, nutritious food with vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options, as well as freshly ground coffee and homemade cakes. The kafe offers free wi-fi and a welcoming atmosphere, making it the perfect spot to catch up with friends and family or enjoy a working lunch.
- Meeting rooms and events space – the venue has a range of modern, affordable meeting rooms and event spaces available for hire (a 10% discount is available to social enterprises, registered charities and not for profits).
- KindaShop – an ethical shop selling products sourced from local suppliers, social enterprises and other charitable organisations and individuals that support social causes.
- KindaBusiness Hub – a nurturing and inspiring space for both emerging and growing social enterprises to flourish.
- Providing more co-working space and business support services through the expansion of the KindaBusiness Hub
- Remodelling the KindaShop with an increased focus on ecommerce
- Running tours and events in the hidden street and 15th century undercroft below the venue
- Increasing youth and community engagement
- Recruiting and training more volunteers
- Creating opportunities to help young people develop the skills and competencies required to be an effective social entrepreneur and improve their employability in partnership with Lola Stafford Consultancy
Volunteering and work experience
Through our partnership with the charity, we’re able to offer young people unique work experience placements and volunteering opportunities in the heart of Norwich. We can provide experience in:
- Event management
- Customer service
- Heritage interpretation
If you’re interested in finding out more about our latest work experience and volunteering opportunities please get in touch.