Our latest new project will help young people from Breckland market towns gain work experience in a city centre venue!
We know it can be hard sometimes to know exactly what you want to do. Gaining work experience is a great way to try out different jobs and to see what might be right for you.
Work experience can also help you:
- Gain references for future job and college applications
- Develop skills that are transferable to lots of different jobs and settings
- Work out what you do and don’t like doing
- Make great contacts and expand your network
Pop Up Enterprises is working with the Missing Kind charity in Norwich to offer young people living in Watton, Thetford, Attleborough, Dereham or Swaffham the chance to gain work experience at the KindaKafe, 21-23 Castle Meadow, Norwich, NR1 3DH.
The friendly cafe and shop:
- serves fresh, healthy food, great coffee and delicious homemade cakes
- sells a lovely collection of cards, clothes and gifts
- hosts a range of daytime and evening events
- runs public tours of its historic basement hidden below the venue, which will soon be home to a new Escape Game attraction
- supports charitable projects
- offers free meals and drinks to those in need
Thanks to Breckland YAB we can support you to attend a 1 day or week-long work experience placement at the cafe.
You will be provided with a free lunch and we can also help with your transport costs. The cafe is on Castle Meadow in Norwich, which most buses run to and it’s approximately a 15-20 minute walk from Norwich train station.
This opportunity is only available for a limited time so get in touch today to arrange your placement! Call Tom Gaskin on 01603 850309, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07515563536.
Available work experience dates:
- Saturday 6 October, 10am-5pm
- Saturday 13 October, 10am-5pm
- Saturday 20 October, 10am-5pm
- Half term – Thursday 18 October – Friday 26 October, 10am-5pm
- Monday 29 October, 5pm-9pm (halloween event)
- Wednesday 31 October, 5pm-9pm (halloween event)
Can’t make these dates?
If you are not currently in full time education, employment or training we may be able to offer you work experience on on additional dates during the working week. Get in touch to find out more.