Privacy and cookies on Pop Up Enterprises CIC website
- what information Pop Up Enterprises CIC may collect about you;
- how Pop Up Enterprises CIC will use the information we collect about you;
- when Pop Up Enterprises CIC may use your details to contact you;
- whether Pop Up Enterprises CIC will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Pop Up Enterprises CIC is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy & Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
2. Information that may be collected about you
When you contact Pop Up Enterprises CIC to make a donation, purchase an item online, or sign up to any of Pop Up Enterprises CIC’s activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, or message boards, or you telephone, email, write to or text Pop Up Enterprises CIC, or engage with Pop Up Enterprises CIC via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or bank account details to process donations.
By submitting your details, you enable Pop Up Enterprises CIC (and where applicable any sub-contractors we may use) to raise funds and to provide you with the goods, services, information, activities or online content you select.
We do not usually collect “sensitive personal data” about our supporters, e.g. health status, unless there is a clear reason for doing so – such as participation in a project or service as a beneficiary, or where we need this to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support to enable you to participate in any project, service or activity. Clear notices will be provided on applications for such projects, services or activities, so that it is clear what information we need and why we need it. If you are simply browsing our website as an anonymous visitor, Pop Up Enterprises CIC may still collect certain information from you, such as your IP addresses (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet).
Pop Up Enterprises CIC may also use publicly available information to identify people who express an interest in giving major gifts to organisations like Pop Up Enterprises CIC, or who may be interested in a high profile public association with Pop Up Enterprises CIC. This information may include newspaper or other media coverage, open postings on social media sites such as LinkedIn, and data from Companies’ House. Where an individual or organisation enters into such a relationship with Pop Up Enterprises CIC they will have a nominated account manager who will agree with the individual any sensitivities they may have with regard to any personal information which Pop Up Enterprises CIC may hold on them. Pop Up Enterprises CIC will not retain data relating to major supporters unless the individual provides their consent, which will be sought at the earliest practical opportunity.
If you enter your contact details in one of our online forms, we may use this information to contact you even if you don’t “send” or “submit” the form. We will only do this to see if we can help with any problems you might be experiencing with the form or with our websites.
3. How we might use information collected about you
Pop Up Enterprises CIC will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- in relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Pop Up Enterprises CIC may contact you for reasons related to donations you have made, the completion of service purchases or other transactions you have entered into with Pop Up Enterprises CIC or the activity or online content you have signed up for;
- for internal record keeping;
- to fulfil sales contracts you have entered into with Pop Up Enterprises CIC;
- to contact you about any content you provide;
- to invite you to participate in surveys or research about Pop Up Enterprises CIC or our work (participation is always voluntary);
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically consented to receive marketing communications from us (see below);
- to provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive;
- to personalise the way Pop Up Enterprises CIC content is presented to you;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- to analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the Pop Up Enterprises CIC website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
4. Who else might collect data about you on this site
Your data may also be available to our website provider to enable us and them to carry out analysis and research on demographics, interests and behaviour of our users and supporters to help us gain a better understanding of them to enable us to improve our services. This may include connecting data we receive from you on the website to data available from other sources. Your personally identifiable data will only be used where it is necessary for the analysis required, and where your interests for privacy are deemed to outweigh their legitimate interests in developing new services for us. In the case of this activity the following will apply:
a) Your data will be made available to our website provider
b) The data that may be available to them include any of the data we collect as described in [section 3] above.
c) Our website provider will not transfer your data to any other third party or transfer your data outside of the EEA.
d) They will store your data for a maximum of 7 years.
5. When we might contact you for marketing purposes
Pop Up Enterprises CIC will only contact you for marketing purposes where you have provided us with freely given consent to do so. You may provide that consent in various ways including through online or paper forms, responding to adverts or face to face through engagement with our staff or volunteers.
Please see section 8 below for information on how to change your communication preferences, including opting out of future marketing communications.
6. When we might we use your personal information
We will only use your information within Pop Up Enterprises CIC for the purposes for which it was obtained. Pop Up Enterprises CIC will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
We may need to share your information with “data processors” such as our service providers, associated organisations and agents who help us to prepare and send the materials relating to our projects and fundraising activities. These “data processors” will only act under our instruction and we will not allow these organisations to use your data for their own purposes and will take care to ensure that they keep your data secure.
We will also comply with legal requests where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).
7. How long we hold onto your personal information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, for example we will keep a record of donations for at least seven years.
If you request that we stop sending you marketing materials we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
8. Updating your personal information with us
We want to ensure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest. If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, then please contact us:
email us at email@example.com, or write to us at: Pop Up Enterprises CIC, KindaBusiness Hub, 21-23 Castle Meadow, Norwich, NR1 3DH, or phone us on: 01603 850309. You may also opt out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email from Pop Up Enterprises CIC.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification).
9. Cookies Policy – information Pop Up Enterprises CIC collects from your computer or mobile device
Cookies are small text files on your device. They are made by your web-browser when you visit a website. Every time you go back to that website, your browser will send the cookie file back to the website’s server. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Updated: 15th February 2018.