What we do
We help young people to realise their full potential by supporting them to play an active part in their communities and to gain a wealth of experience and new skills through our innovative projects.
We deliver high quality, bespoke youth work, employability and social enterprise programmes, which help raise young people’s aspirations and prepare them for future employment and adult life.
Social action & social enterprise development
We encourage and support young people to develop social entrepreneurship through setting up and leading their own social action projects and mini social enterprises.
Our social enterprise challenges offer fun, hands-on experiences providing young people with the opportunity to gain a taste of what it’s like to run their own social enterprise. We also support young people to design and sell a range of products supporting good causes. You can find our latest products in our online shop.
Our Digital Buddies project, delivered in partnership with MTM Youth Services CIC and Saffron Housing, involves us training teams of local young people to support older people living in sheltered schemes to improve their digital skills. The project has helped to reduce feelings of loneliness and enabled young people to improve their confidence and develop new communication and teaching skills.
We manage the Missing Kind venue and KindaKafe at 21-23 Castle Meadow, Norwich on behalf of the Missing Kind, a registered charity supporting dedicated individuals to make a difference to the world through inspiring kindness.
We’re leading on the development of the venue to help achieve greater sustainability and expanding the KindaBusiness Hub, which is a supportive co-working space for social entrepreneurs.
Through our partnership with the Missing Kind charity we’re able to offer young people unique work experience placements and volunteering opportunities providing experience in:
- Event management
- Customer service
- Heritage tours
As a social enterprise, we reinvest our surplus profit back into helping us achieve our social mission and providing more opportunities for young people to gain the skills they need to live healthy and happy lives.
To help young people succeed and realise their full potential.
Our approach delivers positive results for young people, communities and our partners:
- Voluntary participation – We pride ourselves on our ability to build positive relationships with young people and to create environments where young people want to be involved.
- Collaborative – We work closely with key partners in the community including local businesses, schools and other youth work providers to meet the needs of young people and create innovative solutions to modern day challenges.
- Youth led – We help build young people’s capacity to be involved in the decision making process and jointly plan and deliver our services.
- Learning by doing – We’re passionate about informal education and creating opportunities for young people to gain skills through experience and reflection.
- Flexible – We recognise that everyone is different and celebrate this. We deliver bespoke projects that are tailored to meet the needs of young people and the communities we support.
We work with a passionate and experienced team of youth workers, trainers and volunteers with the expertise to help young people flourish and achieve positive outcomes. Read more about them here.